Data Privacy Statement
We are committed to protecting your data and your privacy. Please find information below on how we collect and use your personal data when you use our website.
- § 1 Information on the collection of personal data
(1) In the following, we shall inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data relating to you personally, e.g. name, address, email addresses, and user behaviour.
(2) The responsible party according to Art. 4 sec. 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is FARE - Guenther Fassbender GmbH, represented by Volker Griesel, Stursberg II 12, 42899 Remscheid (refer to our imprint).
- (3) Our data protection officer acc. art. 37 (1) DS-GVO is Prof. Thomas Jäschke, DATATREE AG; Heubesstraße 10, 40597 Düsseldorf, Tel. (0211) 931907-98, E-Mail [email protected] is You can contact our data protection officer using these contact information or our postal address with the additional reference “the data protection officer”.
(4) If we rely on commissioned service providers for individual functions of our service or want to use your data for advertising purposes, we shall inform you below in detail about the respective procedures. We shall also state the specified criteria of the storage period.
- § 2 Your rights
(1) You are entitled to following rights with us, with regard to the personal data concerning you:
– Right to information,
– Right to correction or deletion,
– Right to restriction of processing,
– Right to appeal against processing,
– Right to data portability.
If you wish to exercise your rights as a data subject vis-à-vis us, please send us an e-mail to [email protected] or to our data protection officer: [email protected]
(2) You also have the right to complain to the data protection authority responsible for your place of residence or the data protection supervisory authority responsible for Our registered office about the processing of your personal data by us. The supervisory authority responsible for us is the State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information of North Rhine-Westphalia, Düsseldorf, e-mail: [email protected]. For further information and current contact details, please refer to the website of https://www.ldi.nrw.de.
- § 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) For purely informative use of the website, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise transmit information to us, we shall only collect personal data transmitted by your browser to our server. If you want to look at our website, we shall collect the following data, which is required for us technically to display our website to you and guarantee stability and security (the legal basis is Art. 6 sec. 1 pg. 1 lit. f GDPR):
– IP address
– Date and time of request
– Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Content of request (specific page)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– The respective transferred data volume
– Website the request comes from
– Operating system and its interface
– Language and version of browser software.
(2) In addition to the previously mentioned data, Cookies shall be saved on your computer when using our website. Cookies are small text files, which are stored on your hard drive assigned to the browser you are using and which transfer certain information to the place that applies the Cookie (by us in this case). Cookies cannot be used to start programs or transmit viruses onto your computer. They help us to make our Internet service more user-friendly and more effective.
a) This website uses the following types of Cookies, of which the scope and functions shall be explained as follows:
– Transient Cookies (see b)
– Persistent Cookies (see c).
b) Transient Cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. This particularly includes session Cookies. These save a so-called session ID with which the various requests from your browser can be assigned to a joint session. This means that your computer is recognised again when you return to our website. Session Cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent Cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may differ depending on the Cookie. You can delete the Cookies in your browser's security settings at any time.
d) You can configure your browser setting to suit your requirements and reject the acceptance of third party Cookies or all Cookies, for example. We point out that this may result in your inability to fully use all functions of this website.
- § 4 Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called 'Cookies', text files that are saved on your computer, and allow you to use the website. The information produced by the Cookie on the use of this website is generally transmitted to a Google server in the USA where it is saved. In the event of activation of IP anonymisation on this website, your IP address will be shortened by Google within the member states of the European Union or in other contract states of the treaty on the European Economic Area. The full IP address is transmitted to a Google server in the USA and abbreviated there only in exceptional cases. Google uses this information on behalf of the operator of this website to evaluate your use of the website, to create reports concerning website activities, and to provide other services in connection with website use and Internet use vis-à-vis the website operator.
(2) The IP address transmitted from your browser within the scope of Google Analytics is not combined with other data held by Google.
(3) You can prevent the placement of cookies through a corresponding setting of your browser software; however, this may result in your inability to fully use all functions of our website. You can also prevent Google's collection of data relating to your use of the website produced by the Cookie (incl. your IP address) and prevent the data from being processed by Google by downloading and installing the available browser plug-in under the following link http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Use this link to select or deselect the different tag, tracking or anlasysis tools for this website: : change cookie settings
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. This means that IP addresses are shortened, which means it cannot be directly traced to a person. If collected data is traced to you, this is immediately excluded and personal data shall be promptly deleted.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website and regularly improve it. The statistics we obtain allow us to improve our service and make it more interesting for you as a user. For exceptional cases in which personal data is transmitted to the USA, Google has subjected itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 sec. 1 pg. 1 lit. f GDPR.
- § 5 Use Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
We also use Google Conversion Tracking. Google Adwords places a Cookie on your computer if you have accessed our website via a Google advert. These Cookies become invalid after 30 days and do not serve the purpose of personal identification. If the user visits certain pages of the Adwords customer website and the Cookie has not expired, Google, and we ourselves, can recognise that the user has clicked on the advert and has been transferred to this page. Every Adwords customer receives a different Cookie. Cookies can therefore not be traced via the websites of Adwords customers. Conversion statistics for Adwords customers who have decided to use conversion tracking can be produced using the information obtained with the aid of conversion cookies. This means that we find out the total number of users who have clicked on our advert and have been transferred to a page provided with a Conversion-Tracking-Tag. However, we do not receive any information with which the user can be personally identified. These purposes pursued by us also represent the legitimate interest in terms of the legal basis of Art. 6 sec. 1 letter f of the General Data Protection Regulation. If you do not want to take part in the tracking procedure, you can also reject the necessary placement of a Cookie, such as by making a browser setting that generally deactivates the automatic setting of Cookies. You can also deactivate Cookies for Conversion-Tracking by setting your browser so that Cookies are blocked by the domain “googleadservices.com”. Google’s data privacy statement on Conversion-Tracking can be found here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de
- § 6 Incorporation of YouTube videos
(1) We have incorporated YouTube videos in our online service, which are saved on http://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website.
(2) By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have retrieved the corresponding sub-page of our website. Furthermore, the data specified under § 3 of this declaration is transmitted. This takes place irrespective of whether YouTube provides a user account where you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in with Google, your data shall be directly assigned to your account. You must log out before activating the button if you do not want assignment to your profile with YouTube. YouTube saves your data as user profiles and uses it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or needs-based design of its website. Such an analysis takes place especially (even for users not logged in) to provide needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right to appeal against the formation of these user profiles, whereby you must direct the appeal to YouTube to exercise your right.
(3) Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by YouTube can be found in the data protection declaration. This is where you will also find further information about your rights and setting options to protect your private sphere: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has subjected itself to the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- § 7 Data processing when making contact via the contact form or by telephone or e-mail
(1) When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, your name and telephone number if applicable) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. The indication of your name, first name and your e-mail or telephone number is necessary to assign your request and to contact you. The legal basis for the processing of the contact enquiry and its handling in the case of a pre-contractual or already contractual relationship is Art. 6 I b) DS-GVO or in the case of other enquiries Art. 6 I f) DS-GVO.
(2) Your details will be stored on the basis of consent in accordance with Art. 6 I a) DS-GVO. We delete the data arising in this connection after storage is no longer necessary and there are no legal obligations to keep records that stand in the way of deletion (e.g. in the case of subsequent contract processing).
(3) Since you have given your consent, we would like to inform you that you can revoke your consent given in the contact enquiry at any time with effect for the future, Art. 7 III DS-GVO. If you wish to exercise this possibility of revocation, please contact us.
§ 8 Registration as a dealer and placing orders via your dealer account
(1) If you are a trading company, you can register as a dealer via our site and then communicate with us and place orders via your dealer account. We process the data you enter (e.g. name, address, e-mail address) during registration for the purposes of pre-contractual services, contract fulfilment or customer care. In addition, the IP address and the date of registration are stored. Your data will only be passed on to third parties to the extent necessary to fulfil the contract (e.g. to logistics companies for the delivery of goods).
(2) The legal basis for the processing of your data for the purpose of pre-contractual measures or for the purpose of fulfilling the contract results from Art. 6 I b) DS-GVO.
Your consent to the processing of your data will also be obtained during the registration process and reference will be made to our data protection declaration. The legal basis for processing your data is still based on the consent you have given in accordance with Art. 6 I a) DS-GVO. We would like to point out that you can revoke the consent you have given us to register and maintain your customer account at any time with effect for the future in accordance with Art. 7 III DS-GVO. To do so, you must inform us of your informal revocation.
(3) The data collected from you will be deleted when processing is no longer necessary or the purpose no longer applies. However, we are obliged by commercial and tax law to store your address, payment and order data for a period of 10 years.
§ 9 Data processing when sending an application to our application letterbox
You can apply for open positions via our website or send us unsolicited applications. As part of the application process, your application data will be processed electronically by us. The applicant data is processed solely for the purpose of fulfilling our (pre-)contractual obligations as part of the application procedure in accordance with Art. 88 I, 6 I 1 b) DS-GVO and in accordance with § 26 BDSG-neu.
In order to guarantee that your application is processed exclusively by the authorised person in our company, we ask you to use the contact address provided, which you will find on our "Career" subpage.
In the event of a rejection, your documents will be kept for a period of (supplement) due to possible obligations of proof (usually AGG) and then destroyed. If we retain your application for a longer period of time in order to contact you again at a later date about career prospects with us in the company, this will only happen if you have given us your prior consent in accordance with Art. 6 I 1 a) DS-GVO. Here too, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time in accordance with Art. 7 III DS-GVO by submitting a declaration to us with effect for the future.
Furthermore, a longer storage period may be granted in the absolute exception of a possible complaint/action based on the provisions of the AGG. The legal basis for this arises from Art. 6 I f) DS-GVO in conjunction with § Section 24 I No. 1 BDSG. Our legitimate interest lies in the legal defence and enforcement of rights.
In the event of an acceptance and consequently the conclusion of an employment contract, we will store the data you provide us with in the context of the application for the purpose of normal administrative and organisational processes. The legal basis for this arises from Art. 6 I b), 88 I DS-GVO in conjunction with § 26 BDSG.
- § 10 FARE on Social Media
We offer online services on various social media platforms in order to provide information and to be able to contact you.
We have no influence on the processing of personal data by the respective platform operator. As a rule, when you visit our social media offers, the platform operator stores cookies in your browser, in which your usage behaviour or interests are stored for market research and advertising purposes. The user profiles obtained in this way - usually across different devices - are used by the platform operators to display personalised advertising to you. Data processing may also affect persons who are not registered as users on the respective social media platform. Under certain circumstances, your data may be processed outside the territory of the European Union, which may make it difficult to enforce your rights. When selecting such social media platforms, however, we make sure that the operators are committed to complying with EU data protection standards.
We would also like to point out that we, as operators of company websites in social media, are jointly responsible for the processing of the personal data of visitors to the site (see ECJ ruling of 5 June 2018, Case C-210/16). Some providers, e.g. Facebook, recognise the joint responsibility for the data obtained from usage behaviour (e.g. "Insights data") with the operators of the pages and assume primary responsibility (see e.g. https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms/page_controller_addendum).
The processing of your personal data when you visit one of our social media offerings is based on our legitimate interest in a diverse external presentation of our company and the use of an effective information opportunity and communication with you. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. Under certain circumstances, you may also have given your consent to a platform operator for data processing, in which case the legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO.
You can obtain detailed information on data processing in connection with the use of our social media offers, the possibility to object (opt-out) and the assertion of rights to information via the data protection declaration of the respective platform operator.
Provider: Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Irland,
Privacy statement: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
Provider: Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Irland,
Privacy statement: https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875
Provider: Pinterest Europe Ltd, Palmerston House, 2nd Floor, Fenian Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
Privacy statement: https://policy.pinterest.com/de/privacy-policy
Provider: LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Irland
Privacy statement: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy