Data Privacy Statement
We are committed to protecting your data and your privacy. Please find information below on how we collect and use your personal data when you use our website.
- § 1 Information on the collection of personal data
(1) In the following, we shall inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data relating to you personally, e.g. name, address, email addresses, and user behaviour.
(2) The responsible party according to Art. 4 sec. 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Volker Griesel, Stursberg II 12, 42899 Remscheid (refer to our imprint). You can contact our data protection officer at email@example.com or our postal address with the additional reference “the data protection officer”.
(3) When contacting us by email or using a contact form, the data you provide (your email address, and possibly your name and telephone number) shall be saved by us in order to answer your questions. The data associated with this shall be deleted once storage is no longer required or processing shall be restricted if statutory retention duties exit.
(4) If we rely on commissioned service providers for individual functions of our service or want to use your data for advertising purposes, we shall inform you below in detail about the respective procedures. We shall also state the specified criteria of the storage period.
- § 2 Your rights
(1) You are entitled to following rights with us, with regard to the personal data concerning you:
– Right to information,
– Right to correction or deletion,
– Right to restriction of processing,
– Right to appeal against processing,
– Right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority about processing your personal data.
- § 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) For purely informative use of the website, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise transmit information to us, we shall only collect personal data transmitted by your browser to our server. If you want to look at our website, we shall collect the following data, which is required for us technically to display our website to you and guarantee stability and security (the legal basis is Art. 6 sec. 1 pg. 1 lit. f GDPR):
– IP address
– Date and time of request
– Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Content of request (specific page)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– The respective transferred data volume
– Website the request comes from
– Operating system and its interface
– Language and version of browser software.
(2) In addition to the previously mentioned data, Cookies shall be saved on your computer when using our website. Cookies are small text files, which are stored on your hard drive assigned to the browser you are using and which transfer certain information to the place that applies the Cookie (by us in this case). Cookies cannot be used to start programs or transmit viruses onto your computer. They help us to make our Internet service more user-friendly and more effective.
a) This website uses the following types of Cookies, of which the scope and functions shall be explained as follows:
– Transient Cookies (see b)
– Persistent Cookies (see c).
b) Transient Cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. This particularly includes session Cookies. These save a so-called session ID with which the various requests from your browser can be assigned to a joint session. This means that your computer is recognised again when you return to our website. Session Cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent Cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may differ depending on the Cookie. You can delete the Cookies in your browser's security settings at any time.
d) You can configure your browser setting to suit your requirements and reject the acceptance of third party Cookies or all Cookies, for example. We point out that this may result in your inability to fully use all functions of this website.
- § 4 Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called 'Cookies', text files that are saved on your computer, and allow you to use the website. The information produced by the Cookie on the use of this website is generally transmitted to a Google server in the USA where it is saved. In the event of activation of IP anonymisation on this website, your IP address will be shortened by Google within the member states of the European Union or in other contract states of the treaty on the European Economic Area. The full IP address is transmitted to a Google server in the USA and abbreviated there only in exceptional cases. Google uses this information on behalf of the operator of this website to evaluate your use of the website, to create reports concerning website activities, and to provide other services in connection with website use and Internet use vis-à-vis the website operator.
(2) The IP address transmitted from your browser within the scope of Google Analytics is not combined with other data held by Google.
(3) You can prevent the placement of cookies through a corresponding setting of your browser software; however, this may result in your inability to fully use all functions of our website. You can also prevent Google's collection of data relating to your use of the website produced by the Cookie (incl. your IP address) and prevent the data from being processed by Google by downloading and installing the available browser plug-in under the following link http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Use this link to select or deselect the different tag, tracking or anlasysis tools for this website: change cookie settings
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. This means that IP addresses are shortened, which means it cannot be directly traced to a person. If collected data is traced to you, this is immediately excluded and personal data shall be promptly deleted.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website and regularly improve it. The statistics we obtain allow us to improve our service and make it more interesting for you as a user. For exceptional cases in which personal data is transmitted to the USA, Google has subjected itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 sec. 1 pg. 1 lit. f GDPR.
- § 5 Use Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
We also use Google Conversion Tracking. Google Adwords places a Cookie on your computer if you have accessed our website via a Google advert. These Cookies become invalid after 30 days and do not serve the purpose of personal identification. If the user visits certain pages of the Adwords customer website and the Cookie has not expired, Google, and we ourselves, can recognise that the user has clicked on the advert and has been transferred to this page. Every Adwords customer receives a different Cookie. Cookies can therefore not be traced via the websites of Adwords customers. Conversion statistics for Adwords customers who have decided to use conversion tracking can be produced using the information obtained with the aid of conversion cookies. This means that we find out the total number of users who have clicked on our advert and have been transferred to a page provided with a Conversion-Tracking-Tag. However, we do not receive any information with which the user can be personally identified. These purposes pursued by us also represent the legitimate interest in terms of the legal basis of Art. 6 sec. 1 letter f of the General Data Protection Regulation. If you do not want to take part in the tracking procedure, you can also reject the necessary placement of a Cookie, such as by making a browser setting that generally deactivates the automatic setting of Cookies. You can also deactivate Cookies for Conversion-Tracking by setting your browser so that Cookies are blocked by the domain “googleadservices.com”. Google’s data privacy statement on Conversion-Tracking can be found here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de
- § 6 Incorporation of YouTube videos
(1) We have incorporated YouTube videos in our online service, which are saved on http://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website.
(2) By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have retrieved the corresponding sub-page of our website. Furthermore, the data specified under § 3 of this declaration is transmitted. This takes place irrespective of whether YouTube provides a user account where you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in with Google, your data shall be directly assigned to your account. You must log out before activating the button if you do not want assignment to your profile with YouTube. YouTube saves your data as user profiles and uses it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or needs-based design of its website. Such an analysis takes place especially (even for users not logged in) to provide needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right to appeal against the formation of these user profiles, whereby you must direct the appeal to YouTube to exercise your right.
(3) Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by YouTube can be found in the data protection declaration. This is where you will also find further information about your rights and setting options to protect your private sphere: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has subjected itself to the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- § 7 Data protection declaration for the contact form
The personal data you provide us as part of this contact request shall only be used to answer your enquiry or make contact and for the associated technical administration. No data will be passed on to third parties.
You have the right to revoke the consent you have given at any time with future effect. Your personal data shall be promptly deleted in this case. Your personal data shall also be deleted without your appeal, if we have processed your request or if you have withdrawn the consent to storage. This also takes place if storage is not permitted due to other legal reasons.
You can inform yourself at any time about your stored data.
- § 8 FARE on Facebook
We refer to the social media platform and the Facebook service of Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2, Ireland. We maintain this Facebook site in order to communicate with users and interested parties as well as customers, and to inform them of our products and services.
In this instance we want to point out to you that user data may also be processed outside the realms of the EU, in the USA, for example. Facebook guarantees through its certification via the EU-US data protection shield (https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000GnywAAC&status=Active) that EU data protection regulations are complied with when data is processed in the USA.
We also point out to you that, as a provider of a Facebook fan page, together with Facebook we are responsible for the processing of personal data of visitors to the site (see EuGH judgement dated 5.6.2018, case C-210/16).
Facebook recognises, however, that it has joint responsibility with the providers of sites with regards to insight data and accepts its primary responsibility, see: https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms/page_controller_addendum.
We also want to remind you that user data is processed fundamentally only for purposes of market research and (personalised) advertising. Therefore, if you have a Facebook profile and are logged in, Facebook can analyse your user behaviour for example, and create a user profile according to your user behaviour. This allows Facebook to place advertisements for instance, which presumably correspond to your user profile. To enable this process, Cookies are stored on the user’s computer. If you do not agree with Facebook assigning the collated data directly to your Facebook profile, we recommend that you unsubscribe from the social network, that you delete your Cookies via the browser settings and that you restart the browser.
Data is processed according to Art. 6 I f) DS-GVO. Our legitimate interest focuses on informing users and communicating with them.
If you want to request information or exercise your user rights, these rights are most effectively asserted through Facebook. Please find further information on the collection and use of data as well as your rights and protection options at
Facebook has direct access to your user data and therefore is able to initiate measures more effectively and provide specific information.Please contact us if you have any questions or you require help relating to this.
Disclosure, Correction, Blocking and Deletion of Data
You can obtain information, at no charge, regarding data stored on your person, and you also have the right to have this corrected, blocked or deleted. Please do not hesitate to contact us. You can find our contact details in our Legal Notice section.
Data protection officer